Banner

Go To Search
HomeEmailPrintRSS
Cemeteries
About the City's Cemeteries 

 

Highland Cemetery

Winfield's three City-owned cemeteries provide a wide range of options in choosing a location and type of memorialization. From traditional inground interment to mausoleum entombment or cremation niches, comfortable solutions are available to families in their time of need.

 

Union-Graham Cemetery, 443 N. Michigan, was set aside as a burial site for some of Winfield's earliest residents and founding families. First formed in 1872, the site in northern Winfield was expanded to over 20 acres by 1930. 

Highland Cemetery, 702 Amos Becker Rd., south of the Walnut River just west of US 77, is a 150 acre site laid out in the early 1870's. Setting on a bluff overlooking the community, it features the Remembrance Garden, a public cremation depository, and a turn-of-the century Mausoleum.

St. Mary's Cemetery, 1938 E. 12th, saw its first interments in 1882.  The 5-acre  cemetery was deeded from the Catholic Diosese to the City of Winfield in 1941. Its heritage and history is marked by the crucifix standing tall in the center of the cemetery. 
 
To contact the Cemetery Caretaker, click here to email, or call (620) 221-5666. Arrangements for opening and closing a gravesite can be made through the respective funeral home. However, if a family wishes to make arrangements themselves, they can do so at City Hall, 200 E. 9th, (620) 221-5500.