A Licensed Contractor shall complete all electrical, mechanical, and plumbing installations or revisions on any structure other than a single family dwelling in which case the resident owner may conduct such work himself with the applicable permit. This work will be permitted and inspected by the Building Official as required in the Revised Ordinances of the City of Winfield.
With any construction activity to be done, it should first be determined if a permit is required. The Permit Application Procedure and Policies document is provided by following this link. Building Permit Applications will need to be made prior to the start of any work. As a contractor, you may make application by one of the following methods:
1) Apply in person at Public Improvements located in City Hall, 200 E. Ninth. The office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
2) Complete and fax permit application to Community Development Department 620-221-5594
3) E-mail online form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Permit Application
Fence Permit Application
Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas Permit Application
Information Required for Building Permit
- Legal Description of site by Lot #, Block #, Addition Name and Address
- A Site Plan to scale indicating the location of:
- All existing and proposed structures
- Required building setbacks and yards
- Location of utilities
- Total floor area in square feet
- Type of construction
Complete set of stamped Construction Documents submitted for review including but not limited to the items listed under Residential Construction.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions or comments at 620-221-5520.